Fedora 11: Nothing more than embarrassment for the Linux community.
Not only do they delay release schedules. They don’t include support for ext4 file system which has become de-facto in all the Linux distributions since its release, All ubuntu variants released in April sport Ext4 support. Also the fedora looks aren’t that great; the only good thing about the fedora is that the live disk boots up pretty fast and shows a nice logo during the boot-up process. After that I tried to install it in my my testing partition of my PC. (Core2Duo with 2GB RAM and 250GB HDD SATA).
This thing wouldn’t install at all, I tried several times but I couldn’t I end up with different dialogs every time stating that something is wrong with either the CD image or my HDD. I Googled the problem and I found out that I wasn’t the only one facing the problem. So I figured the problem rests with a buggy installer and not my machine (Sigh!!)
And also I figured there is no need for screenshots; the desktop looks exactly the same as before.
Bottom-line: Ubuntu remains undisputed champion in the Open-source arena.

No comments:
Post a Comment